Welcome to the HF fishery / club new page. On here you will find updates on all of the local fisheries from the last 4 weeks. Giving you the best idea of where is fishing well and who has been catching all the fish!
If there is somewhere you want to see features on this page then please send an email to email@example.com or leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
Pool 1 – Most of the matches start in April for Mere Moor, but pool one has still been doing weights of 40lb in its Saturday winter matches.
Pool 2 – Same as above, but much higher weights are coming out in the Saturday matches at over 70lb.
Specimen Lake – Has been fishing really well due to the strange winter weather. Lots of decent fish coming out, plenty over 20lb from all over the lake. The biggest fish this month has been this cracking mirror at just over 28lb for Jordan.
Both lakes are still closed but Mark is looking at reopening the site in the middle of March. Plenty of site work has been going on such as swim renovations and snag removals. Along with the fish having a nice healthy break!
There are not many matches at this time of year at Gorsty, once again the main matches start in April but the match guys that have been fishing have found it a little slow catching nets of around 20lb with a few bigger fish coming out. The specimen lake has been fishing OK with a few fish coming out to mid doubles.
Home Farm news will be joining us in March!
The Border Fisheries complex has as usual been fishing very well(See below for an outline of results).
The Canal has had 64 brand new pegs built.
Memberships are doing well, don’t forget there is no joining fee so its just £80 per year.
The biggest perch off the complex this month has been a staggering 5lb! Caught during a match.
Tuesday 4th February M C V The Match Lake
- Dave 3 times the King Costello peg 46 32lbs 6oz
- Ian Shaw peg 4 22lbs 6oz
- P Thompson peg 44 18lbs 2oz
Saturday 1st February 2020 Bombarider & BMAC
- Dave the king again Costello peg 10 38lbs 1oz
- D Oliver peg 9 30lbs 14oz
- J Young peg 4 23lbs 8oz
- Connor Edwards peg 22 19lbs 9oz
Thursday 30th January 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- Sec 1 pegs 2 to13 1st Dave the King Costello peg 8 22lbs 1oz 2nd Dave Ridge peg 10 14lbs 2oz
- Sec 2 pegs 15 to 32 1st Bill stevenson peg 32 18lbs 6oz 2nd Greg Hulme peg 15 17lbs 6oz
- Next BMAC Match Thursday 6th February 2020 The Match Lake pegs 1 to 34 closed
Saturday 25th Junary 2020 K G B The Match Lake
- P Adams peg 13 18lbs 14oz
- Giles peg 14 15lbs 10oz
- Dave Ridge peg 2 12lbs 6oz
Thursday 23rd January 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- Sec1 pegs 2 to 10 1st Dave Ridge pegs 10 14lbs 11oz 2nd Steve Kinerley peg 2 11lbs 13oz
- Sec 2 pegs 14 to 36 1st Dave Hall peg 31 14lbs 13oz 2nd Eric Moore peg 148lbs 3oz
- Next BMAC Match Thursday 30th January The Match Lake pegs 1 to 36 closed
Saturday 18th January 2020 Bombardier & BMAC The Match Lake
- N Farmer peg 9 44lbs 12oz
- C Edwards peg 4 38lbs 7oz
- B Meggs peg 8 35lbs 15oz
- D Oilver peg 41 29lbs 10oz
Thursday 16th January 2020 BMAC The Match Lake
- Sec 1 pegs 2 to 10 1st Ant Furnival peg 8 18lbs 11oz 2nd S Kennerley peg 6 11lbs 12oz
- Sec 2 pegs 13 to 26 1st Dave Ridge peg 15 14lbs 14oz 2nd Barry Adams peg 22 10lbs 12oz
- Next BMAC Match Thursday 23rd January The Match Lake pegs 1 to 34 Closed
Sunday 12th January 2020 Wych Anglers Three Islands Pool
- B Warrol peg 27 70lbs 1oz carp
- D Minchell Peg 14 65lbs 8oz
- M Butler peg 18 39lbs 2oz
- D Loms peg 6 16lbs 8oz
BMAC Thursday 9th January 2020 The Match Lake
- Section 1 pegs 2 to 10 1st Ian Shaw peg 10 27lbs 2nd Connor Edwards peg 6 21lbs 1oz
- Section 2 pegs 22 to 34 1st Dave Hall peg 22 19lbs 1oz 2nd Alex Walton peg 31 17lbs 6oz
- Next BMAC Match 16th January 2020 Match Lake pegs 1 to 34 Closed
Tuesday 7th January 2020 M C V The Match Lake
- Dave Costello peg 16 19lbs 1oz
- Alex Walton peg 14 8lbs 8oz
- Peter Tomlinson peg 2 8lbs 2oz
For a full list of results please visit the Bay Malton website here.
Lymm news will be joining us in March!
There is a work party on the 23rd of Feb at Newpool. They are meeting at 9.30 on the car park, if you are a member and you want to join them, just turn up with some waders and a spade!
COTM Dec ‘19 – Well done to Louise Erica Mcstein with this mid double pike from Newbridge pool. She won a £20 HF Voucher!
All waters have been fishing a little slow due to the weather, the river Weaver especially. Jacksons lake has been doing a few Carp and plenty of silvers. No news from Hurleston Reservoir. Access is still bad due to the Canal and Rivers Trust working on the locks below Hurleston which has affected fishing on the canal as well. This will still be happening up to Spring apparently so a little while to wait until that area can be fished effectively again.
Wybunbury news will be joining us in March!